Euro-Med TDS Constituent Assembly, Rome 13 July 2000The Constituent Assembly of the association Euro-Med TDS took place in Rome on 13 July 2000. The Assembly was organized by Confcommercio, in cooperation with the Euro-Med TDS Secretariat.
Mediterranean Trade Distribution and Services Initiative (National business Associations in trade, distribution and services, and National Chambers of commerce of the Countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea).
The Participants decided to
- approve unanimously the enclosed By-Laws which transform the "Euro-Mediterranean Trade, Distribution and Services Initiative, Euro-Med TDS" into the Association "Euro-Mediterranean Trade, Distribution and Services Initiative, Euro-Med TDS" with legal personality;
- The euro and its consequences in the Euro-Med distribution and services sectors;
- become members of the Association Euro-Med TDS;
- confirm the resolution taken by the 2000 Euro-Med TDS Assembly (Port Said, 6 May 2000), maintaining until the Next Euro-Med TDS Assembly as members of the Executive Board:
- Christos Folias, National Confederation of Hellenic Commerce (Hellas);
- Mohamed El Masry, Federation of Egyptian Chambers of Commerce (Egypt);
- Baudouin Monnoyeur, Trade National Council (France);
- Ruder Friganovic, Croatian Chamber of Economy (Croatia);
- Abdallah Zouhir, Federation of Moroccan Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Services (Morocco).
- elect Sergio Billé, Confcommercio (Italy), as President of Euro-Med TDS until the next Assembly and Luigi Troiani as Secretary General of Euro-Med TDS.
- empower the Euro-Med TDS as applicant of the emed-tds.com project to be presented to the European Commission, Call for Proposals Eumedis;
- empower Performa as applicant of the Esit project to be presented to the European Commission, Call for Proposals Eumedis.
The participants recommended the Executive Board to meet urgently Mr. Patten, European Commissioner responsible for the External Relations, in order to present Euro-Med TDS and request appropriate support from the European Commission for the activities and projects of Euro-Med TDS.
The Assembly expressed its appreciation to Confcommercio and the Euro-Med TDS Secretariat for the organization of the meeting.