2000 Euro-Med TDS Assembly Final Declaration Port Said, 6 May 2000
The 2000 Assembly of Euro-Med TDS took place in Port Said on 6 May 2000. The Assembly was organized by the Chamber of Commerce of Port Said, in cooperation with the Euro-Med TDS Secretariat, under the patronage of the European Commission, the Presidency of the Council of the European Union and the European Parliament. The Assembly brought together Participants in the Euro-Mediterranean Trade Distribution and Services Initiative (National business Associations in trade, distribution and services, and National Chambers of commerce of the Countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea). In parallel with the Assembly, the Euro-Mediterranean Trade Partnership was held, under the patronage of the European Commission, the Presidency of the Council of the European Union and the European Parliament. More than 100 trade and services companies met in order to have business contacts.The Participants at the Assembly discussed the following issues:
- Distribution of goods and services. The trend in the Euro-Mediterranean region;
- The euro and its consequences in the Euro-Med distribution and services sectors;
- The impact of electronic commerce on internal and external trade.
The Participants resolved to:
- respond the Call for Proposals of the European Commission, named Eumedis;
- transform the "Euro-Mediterranean Trade, Distribution and Services Initiative, Euro-Med TDS" into the Association "Euro-Mediterranean Trade, Distribution and Services Initiative, Euro-Med TDS" with legal personality;
- accept the invitation of the Steering Committee to present amendments to the text of the By-Laws received as a draft from the Steering Committee;
- ask the Steering Committee to approve the By-Laws by June 20th, and sent them to the Participants for signature by their respective legal or authorized representatives;
- call the Constituent Assembly of the Association in Rome, on July 13th, 2000;
- extend the mandate of the Steering Committe until the first Assembly of the Association "Euro-Med Trade Distribution and Services Initiative".